Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Recipe: Chipotle Aioli with Lime or Lemon

Chipotle. This adds instant kick to anything. I know it has been used and abused but call me a chipotle-beater as I still haven't had enough and will put it in everything. Check out my chipotle mayo/aioli. This is a serious staple in my fridge as it will save anything from being boring. Use it as a dip, put it on fish (fish tacos--yes, yes, yes!), on sweet potatoes, coleslaw--endless possiblilities.

1 cup loosely packed cilantro
1/2 or 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 clove of garlic
1 cup regular or light mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream or more mayonnaise
1/4 cup feta (optional)
1/2 a teaspoon lime or lemon zest
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice

Yield approx: 1 1/2 cup

In a food processor pulse garlic until fine. Add cilantro, pulse until blended. Add the remaining ingredients, until well blended. Keeps in fridge for 7-10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment