Friday, October 9, 2009

Applesauce.....Worlds best.



Well, this is the best I have ever tasted. So in my humble opinion I have claimed victory on this title. Really, the best part is that it is super pure.

NOTHING added. Except a little water.

I peeled some 5 pounds or so of the Macintosh variety, chopped them into 2 inch squares (quarters would work too), put them in a lasagna dish filled with a 1/4 cup water and then roasted them for around and hour at 400 degrees or until they were mushy but a little bit caramelized. Cooled. Put them in blender and pureed. Result? Smooth, sweet, devine apple silkiness. Some may say a little "baby food" like but I put this on some crepes filled with cottage cheese and I was in a very happy place.

Other ideas...

Pancakes
Oatmeal
Latkes (potato pancakes)
As a substitute for oil and sugar in baking
The list goes on....

1 comment:

  1. Based on your slow roasted Roma tomatoes, this has got to be a hit I am going to try it. Would other apple varieties work? Can you post your roasted tomatoes please?

    ReplyDelete